Saturday, May 12, 2012

To Starch or Not To Starch Your Tatting


Many moons ago, someone sent me a beautiful tatted cross. Evidently, they used a very stiff starch on it that mad the cross like a board. I washed it the other day, and to my dismay, the starch caused the beautiful cross to turn colors in places, and ruined the threads.  In all the years that I have been tatting, I’ve never starched any of my tatting, except for Christmas ornaments that were tatted in white.  I do not know how, to get the starch out.  I soaked it for 3 days and it still dried like a board.

1 comment:

  1. I've never used starch either. I like to feel the softness of the lace. I have tried Best Press on one large doily, but the Best Press didn't make the doily stiff. It just gave it a little body.

    ReplyDelete