Friday, March 06, 2009

1st needle tatting project




Well I finally convinced myself to pull out my assortment of needles for needle tatting. Georgia Seitz taught me to needle tat on chop sticks some 5 yrs. or more ago. I put my chop sticks down for my shuttles. Every year Georgia keeps telling us we all need to learn needle tatting. OK! OK! I dragged out my 4 needle tatting books and picked an intermediate pattern by my dear friend Tina Neudorf. Tina and I talk to each other almost every day. I belong to her card making groups. The pattern I used was called butterflies in flight. I used a larger butterfly than Tina so my coaster is going to be a bit larger. I tatted it using size 20 Lizbeth and Manuela threads. I just received my replacement order from Barbara Foster and this thread is a keeper. I bought almost if not all of the varigated threads.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have the supplies and patterns for needle tatting. I just haven't taken the time to try!

    ReplyDelete